Surrey County UNISON is currently recruiting a temporary Branch Recruiter/Organiser on a fixed term contract for 12 months to work specifically with the branch recruiting and organising in Surrey schools.
Surrey County UNISON is the largest local government branch in Surrey with nearly 5,000 members
Fixed Term Opportunity for 12 Months.
Full Time Branch Recruiter/Organiser 35 Hours/Week
Starting Salary £28,343 plus London Weighting of £5,517 and Subsistence Allowance of £2,791.
Closing date for applications: Friday 5th July at 5pm.
Interviews will be held on 15th July and shortlisted applicants will also be asked to make a short presentation to our branch committee on 17th July
Please note this is a branch employed post
Region : South East
Location: Kingston, (including travel throughout Surrey)
Starting salary: £28,343 per annum
Allowances: London Weighting £5,517, Annual Subsistence £2,791, plus travel expenses.
Closing date: 5-7-2019
Contract type: Fixed term
Contract length: 12 month fixed term contract (including one month probationary period).
About this job
The requirements of the role are:
- Arranges UNISON membership recruitment initiatives at Surrey school venues.
- Liaises with the Branch staff in extracting information from the Regional/Branch membership systems to help target recruitment activities.
- Evaluates the outcome of recruitment activities to build an understanding of what works.
- Contributes to the development of recruitment campaigns.
- Designs and makes presentations to prospective members at induction/recruitment events.
- Assists with identifying new activists, signposting to training and contact with branch
- Assists branches with arrangements and administration of recruitment campaigns, by helping draft publicity, carry out mail shots and arranging the event.
- Works to recruitment targets to provide regular reports on membership targets achieved and recruitment activities undertaken.
- A knowledge of the Trade Union Movement and support for its objectives are desirable
Employees of Surrey County Council or other employers where UNISON has recognition may be able to get agreement to undertake this role as a secondment opportunity. Applicants applying for this post as a secondment opportunity should ensure they have discussed this with their employer.
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please contact the branch office email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email and invited to attend an interview on 15th July in Kingston and to make a short presentation to our branch committee on 17th July, also in Kingston. Please note that if you do not hear form us you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.