Surrey County UNISON is currently recruiting a temporary Branch Recruiter/Organiser on a fixed term contract for 12 months to work specifically with the branch recruiting and organising in Surrey schools.
Please note this is a branch employed post
Region : South East
Location: Kingston, (including travel throughout Surrey)
Starting salary: £28,343 per annum
Allowances: London Weighting £5,517, Annual Subsistence £2,791, plus travel expenses.
Closing date: 7-11-2019
Contract type: Fixed term
Contract length: 12 month fixed term contract (including one month probationary period).
The requirements of the role are:
- Arranges UNISON membership recruitment initiatives at Surrey school venues.
- Liaises with the Branch staff in extracting information from the Regional/Branch membership systems to help target recruitment activities.
- Evaluates the outcome of recruitment activities to build an understanding of what works.
- Contributes to the development of recruitment campaigns.
- Designs and makes presentations to prospective members at induction/recruitment events.
- Assists with identifying new activists, signposting to training and contact with branch
- Assists branches with arrangements and administration of recruitment campaigns, by helping draft publicity, carry out mail shots and arranging the event.
- Works to recruitment targets to provide regular reports on membership targets achieved and recruitment activities undertaken.
- A knowledge of the Trade Union Movement and support for its objectives are desirableEmployees of Surrey County Council or other employers where UNISON has recognition may be able to get agreement to undertake this role as a secondment opportunity. Applicants applying for this post as a secondment opportunity should ensure they have discussed this with their employer.
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please contact the branch office email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email and invited to attend an interview on 18th November in Kingston and may be asked to make a short presentation to our branch committee on 20th November, also in Kingston. Please note that if you do not hear from us you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.